27 Jan 2011

Disney Tangled Cupcakes!

Tonight, as with most Thursday evenings, I'm home alone.  Normally I hate being alone during the darker hours but tonight is different.  Yesterday I received an order from Pet Lamb for a dozen cupcakes for a princess party, after a little digging I discovered that the group of little ladies are off to see the brand new Disney film, Tangled.  So, I waved Kris off at the door and set to making some adorable Tangled themed cupcake toppers.



Don't they look cute?!  I'm not very experienced with sugarcraft but I can see my skills improving with every little character I create.  Plus, I just love sitting with a big pile of fondant, sculpting it into something whimsical.  Reminds me of my childhood favorite toy, Play Doh!

Next on my to make list is this adorable little unicorn featured on The Art of Being Perfect.  If you haven't already subscribed to this amazing blog, you're missing out on something fabulous!  Astral is a constant inspiration and I find myself blown away with every post! Check it out, I insist!

14 comments:

Helen said...

I'd love to be better with fondant icing! Re-icing my niece's christening cake was about as adventurous as I get with it haha. Love these though!

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

I love the hair plats and the frogs.

I had a go at making a fondant bear straight after seeing Astral's tutorial last night and am thrilled with the result (even if my bear is BLUE)

I so want to make a unicorn too !

leeneessweetestdelights said...

Your cupcakes look great! Tangled was also a great movie! I loved it, it's a new favorite Disney movie for me :)

Chele said...

They are indeed very cute!

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

They are gorgeous!! The plat is so pretty. Im sure they will be some very happy little girls.

Jules said...

I know what you mean about being home alone at night. I hate it when Hubs is out.

Fantastic looking cakes!

daisychain said...

these are awesome! and thank you so so so so much for the books, I can't wait to make use of them!

Daisy said...

Oh wow, they look fantastic!

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) said...

These are freaking amazing! I'm blown away! I love your sugar craft work!!! The plait and the frog is so accurate. I saw this movie the other week and really enjoyed it. You've captured its sweetness and the colours for sure.

Jess said...

Adorable, they're soo cute! You definately look a lot more skilled than you seem to think with sugarcraft. Keep up the awesome work, I love seeing the new cupcakes you put up!
Jess : )
www.livininthekitchen.wordpress.com

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those are soooo cute! Too pretty to eat.

Cheers,

Rosa

Eliana said...

Oh my goodness! These cupcakes could not be any cuter! I love them.

Диана said...

wooooooow))))

Cousin B said...

OMG...These are so freakin cute!